Loader
logo

I'm new to the mod and had a very weird encounter in The Wall

Started by golan4840, September 23, 2017, 01:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I just recently found about this mod so I've been messing around for a couple of hours until 2.0 is released.
anyway im day 2 or 3 in this save, I travel to the wall, decided to take a walk in it ("the town" so to speak). And there I see... myself. standing there.
He has my name and my weapon, no armour and a weird helmet I do not own. But I can engage in a dialog with him, so I do.
Then I have a bunch of options. Sending gifts, Hiring spys, Collection report and information about lords etc... Didnt have money for any of those.
One of the options was accessing my inventory, So I do and there is a single sword in there named Ice, Valyrian steel. It is mine for some reason, given to me by me.. lol.

But it gets weirder.

After exploring all the options, I decide to dismiss myself. I confirm I no longer need my services and the dialog closes.
I engage in a dialog once again, and have the same options as before. I dismiss myself again, dialog closes.
The I do this for a third time, but this time I have different options. I Have an option to resign the marshalship,, No longer serv as a vassal, Pledge my sword as a vassal, ask question about the war... He (me) basically turned into my king.
One more option was to serv as a soldier in his (my) party. I tought to myself "I wonder how this one will turn out". Not sure what I was expecting, but as soon as I click the "Seems a fair lot and steady work in these lands. I'm with you, my lord.", the game freezes and I can only close it with task manager.
I don't know if this is a knows issue or not, but it is by far the weirdest bug I've even seen in any mod   :o

It happens again after closing the game and opening it, I can post screenshots if anyone is interested.

Not a bug I have ever heard about or witnessed.  Sounds like your save game file was corrupted, possibly you changed a file in your game?

The only change I made to the game files is to apply the new faces (troops.txt) someone posted here.

I went ahead and started a new save, traveled straight to The Wall and it's the same thing all over again. I was actually wrong in my original post. each time I dismiss him I get a new set of options. It's like one time I'm a lord with a caste, then I'm a king, Then he is my king.

Quote from: golan4840 on September 23, 2017, 01:03:18 AM
I just recently found about this mod so I've been messing around for a couple of hours until 2.0 is released.
anyway im day 2 or 3 in this save, I travel to the wall, decided to take a walk in it ("the town" so to speak). And there I see... myself. standing there.
He has my name and my weapon, no armour and a weird helmet I do not own. But I can engage in a dialog with him, so I do.
Then I have a bunch of options. Sending gifts, Hiring spys, Collection report and information about lords etc... Didnt have money for any of those.
One of the options was accessing my inventory, So I do and there is a single sword in there named Ice, Valyrian steel. It is mine for some reason, given to me by me.. lol.

But it gets weirder.

After exploring all the options, I decide to dismiss myself. I confirm I no longer need my services and the dialog closes.
I engage in a dialog once again, and have the same options as before. I dismiss myself again, dialog closes.
The I do this for a third time, but this time I have different options. I Have an option to resign the marshalship,, No longer serv as a vassal, Pledge my sword as a vassal, ask question about the war... He (me) basically turned into my king.
One more option was to serv as a soldier in his (my) party. I tought to myself "I wonder how this one will turn out". Not sure what I was expecting, but as soon as I click the "Seems a fair lot and steady work in these lands. I'm with you, my lord.", the game freezes and I can only close it with task manager.
I don't know if this is a knows issue or not, but it is by far the weirdest bug I've even seen in any mod   :o
Noooo, I remember I encountered same thing in Sword of damocles warlords, But there wanst an option of enlisting in army and pledging as vassal, other options you mentioned were there

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview