Loader
logo

How to use Morgh's Editor to create a 'custom' valyrian steel - kill wights

Started by 707077199101, September 30, 2017, 09:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to make a Valyrian Weapon that I create (custom name) with Morgh's Editor that can also kill Wights. I sort of wanted to roleplay the creation of a new house that has a named valyrian blade that is distinct all its own from the other great houses but I have no idea what causes it to be able to kill White Walkers (Others) and wights. Any help would be massively appreciated  :D

It's an option within the item_kinds1.txt I believe, maybe take a look at the items that are already able and go from there.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

I looked in the itemkinds with notepad++ but I saw no discrepancies and even looked at pre patch 2.2 (fixed Ice) and post patch 2.2 and saw zero differences for the entry on Ice between them so that would conclude that it must be a script but I have no idea how scripts work (if it even is a script)

If I were Produno I would implement it so that weapons with the "unique" tag can kill White Walkers. Not sure how he did it though. Try making a new weapon with Morgh's Editor and give it the unique tag. See if it works. Cheers.
None of us are free! We're all men of the Night's Watch.

So no one has any idea how valyrian weapons kill white walkers and wights? :/ Nothing in ItemKinds influences it that I've seen and I have no idea where else to look.

The Valyrian trigger is actually assigned to only specific swords, so if you want a custom sword that kills wights, you will need to edit an existing sword. It is easiest to edit the ones without a special name, because they are the ones you can buy from Qohor. The actual process of making a new one is a bit beyond me. So much like actual Valyrian Steel, you must reforge an existing one.

And to answer some questions:

It's not attached to the Mesh, nor the name of the sword (I've edited the names of swords and nothing)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview