Loader
logo

Father companion???

Started by Montblanc, October 13, 2017, 11:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I was watching a let's play of 2.2, and imagine my surprise when the person doing it finds a companion at a random inn that is scripted as your character's father. Idk if this requires some specific character set up, or if it is a generic feature in the mod. Seems like a decent companion to recruit, one that'll likely cause no compatibility issues with whoever else you hire.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

What if one is roleplaying a old character? And then meets the father who looks the same age... Does not make any sense.

Idk, but that person definitely had a companion who is your character's father appear, even had custom dialogues, so it wasn't some random editing of existing companions. I do think this is a secret companion of some sort, wether it needs a specific background to appear (like the direwolf or giant) is something I don't know.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Quote from: Montblanc on October 13, 2017, 01:33:44 PM
Idk, but that person definitely had a companion who is your character's father appear, even had custom dialogues, so it wasn't some random editing of existing companions. I do think this is a secret companion of some sort, wether it needs a specific background to appear (like the direwolf or giant) is something I don't know.

I've played most cultures to day 300 minimum and never found a father companion.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Ive watched the same video, the companion is Anguy he has obviously changed the name in the troops.txt file and then exported the character and imported again with a different name, as for the dialogue im not sure how he changed this but probably editing certain dialogue files in the module folder

Quote from: Barik Blackfyre on October 13, 2017, 07:41:24 PM
Ive watched the same video, the companion is Anguy he has obviously changed the name in the troops.txt file and then exported the character and imported again with a different name, as for the dialogue im not sure how he changed this but probably editing certain dialogue files in the module folder

Ah I see, well it was definitely simple of me to think it was part of the mod. The guy was even bigger a noob than I am at this game but he does know how to mod somethings it seems. It did cross my mind it was Anguy, but the modified dialogue, the proficiency stats also different, slightly, it didn't occur me he would've modded the mod for this. It's also ironic (I'm doing a reread of the books, and Anguy is mentioned to be a young boy), that he would choose this character to be his "father" in his RP playthrough.

Thank you everyone for clarifying this.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview