Loader
logo

A World of Ice and Fire for Bannerlord.

Started by Produno, December 13, 2015, 04:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 13, 2015, 04:47:54 PM Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:49:38 PM by Produno
A few people have asked if I plan on making AWoIaF for Bannerlord. My first reaction was no way. Not after all the work involved in creating the current version. Though if I was able to gain enough interest and help then its something I would definitely like to do.
I have already started using donation money to buy new items, scene props and armours that are very high in quality and can be used in Bannerlord too. The current version for Warband is only a couple of releases away from being what I feel as complete. (Version 10 most probably).
So with all this in mind I would be grateful if anyone here would like to offer their support and services for the creation of AWoIaF for Bannerlord. We already know it will use C++ so anyone that has knowledge of this language will be very useful. Any sceners and 3D/2D artists would also be very helpful.
Likewise, if anything can be created now, it can be used in the current version and the new. That also goes for any donations made now which will be used with Bannerlord in mind. The new mod will be created in the same vein as the current one, with an emphasis on Sandbox and community interaction.

I feel I have learnt a lot making the current mod so making a new mod should feel much smoother and easier. Using the Brytenwalda module system for a start was a big mistake and has cost me huge amounts of hours changing pretty much everything. We also already have most of the groundwork and any research complete for locations, names, lords, relations etc etc.

One thing I can guarantee though, is I wont be able to spend any where near as much time on Bannerlord as I have for this one, so this is why I will need your help.

Don't forget to visit our Patreon  page and spread the word ;).

Good to hear :D

I can't wait to hear more news about Bannerlord.

I studied a bit of C++ at school , but i am not sure if i will have enough time to do coding next year.

On the "what i can do" side, it seems the scene making process will be smoother and the editor more accessible and easy to use, so i should have fun making some scenes for the mod. Just one condition: if i have enough time i want to make White Harbor, my favourite location of Westeros :)

I will also be glad to help with the ASoIaF lore, especially since you have not read the books and there are maany things that the show has ignored or not explained so far  ;)

For me, Warband is like Skyrim, i never play the vanilla game but only a GoT mod, and Bannerlord may be the same..

I'm happy to hear your plans.

I'm just worried that they'll never release bannerlord. The last devblog update was in August.

eh, Septim, Produno had a silent period for a long time too. I don't think that them being silent on the devblog means something... Don't you relay on my words though as I have no actual idea what's going on there, exactly like you.

An interview was released a few weeks/months ago stating it will 100% be released next year, possibly first half. They said they are pretty much into the final stages.

Quote from: Produno on December 13, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
I have already started using donation money to buy new items, scene props and armours that are very high in quality and can be used in Bannerlord too. The current version for Warband is only a couple of releases away from being what I feel as complete. (Version 10 most probably).

Don't forget to visit our Patreon  page and spread the word ;).

You need to pay for items, scene props and armours? Or is it some license money or what? Because how can someone ask money on something that is already patented (since most items relate to HBO used items on the TV series).

Yeah, i need to pay the people that create them. You dont get much for free nowadays and im not a modeller so cant/dont have the time to do them myself.

Oké, luckily in Bannerlords you have a weapon editor (as it seems from the released footage). Saves some time  ;)

Though I get tempted often to make a mod myself as regardless what I play I always miss something and would like to add it. I often have the feeling mods start without a blue print and then you have the input of players and the chaos is complete.

I do not try however to put to much weight on my shoulders though as I am a (junior) project manager and for a hobby I am already busy in field of screenwiting, directing and editing movies.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview