Loader
logo

Settlement populace is slowly turning against me [Unresolved]

Started by lefiath, January 26, 2018, 01:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I've secured few towns and castles to myself, but I have an annoying "issue" with the populace, they are slowly disliking me - it goes slow, something like -1 per 2 days, but it is evidently happening. I though that it could possibly be the taxes, so I've lowered them, but that hasn't changed a thing. What else is there? Could it be that those settlements aren't of my religion, or something else? Nobody has burned any of my villages, but I've had settlements besieged many times, could that have an effect? I know this mod has some rather "interesting" features, so I am concerned that it's something I won't be able to influence. I am absolutely not motivated by improving things if I know that it's just a matter of time when whatever good I've done for the settlement gets turned against me for reasons I am not aware of.

EDIT: I'm a schmart guy and after some more searching, I've found out that it is indeed the religion and that I need to start converting the heathens to my religion, so fair enough, a bit enigmatic, but I've figured it out in the end.

I've added this revelation to the wiki. http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Religions

I think the max is like -6 relationship or so. But I'm not sure, so I didn't include that.

Ok, so it turns out it's a bit more complicated and I still don't understand how it's supposed to work. Here is what has been happening so far - my character worships Old Gods, so I've planted trees whenever it was possible. After doing that in my capital where my minister resides, the popularity has slowly started going up, but when I've done the same in King's Landing, nothing has changed, it's still slowly doing down. As far as I can tell, taxes have no effect on that, and planting the tree in villages belonging to the towns or castles does nothing as well. And with castles, I can't even build a religious building at all, so I am screwed there.

In general, this mechanism seems lackluster and unfinished in it's current form, and there just isn't enough information to go on. The religion in general also seems to be broken. You can ask your Master of Laws about religion and how many people have we converted, and he always tells me it's zero, even if it clearly says in the town that it's now worshipping entirely different religion. If I'm still missing something, I just don't know what else there is - unless King's Landing is bugged in that regard. Oh, and the negative relationship can certainly go further below than -6 - I've started with 0 in King's Landing, now I'm at -10

I wish the mod creator would enlighten us...

That's why I allways send spy to town before conquering it... But it only work's for me if I had 0 or higher relations. If it's less then 0 my spies allways end up on gallows...

As for religion, I noticed that there allways says that the town worshiping my religion, but only after building religious upgreade my magister start counting converted people...
Valar issi Targaryen.

Well, mine still counts that there are 0 converted people even with religious buildings (in my case trees) being in every fief I could build them.

Quote from: lefiath on January 28, 2018, 12:48:18 PM
Well, mine still counts that there are 0 converted people even with religious buildings (in my case trees) being in every fief I could build them.
How do you build trees??

Quote from: Arya on February 03, 2018, 07:14:53 PM
How do you build trees??
Weirwood trees are religious bulidings that you can build in villages/castle/towns that you own.

Quote from: sprackly on February 06, 2018, 05:14:04 AM
Quote from: Arya on February 03, 2018, 07:14:53 PM
How do you build trees??
Weirwood trees are religious bulidings that you can build in villages/castle/towns that you own.
Manage this town> religious building relative to your religion?
Well, I havent played with Old Goods religions far yet

Following the Faith of the Seven, it does nothing for me to build Septs. After something like 1300 days of owning villages, they still worship the Old Gods. The Iron Islands still hate me (-1000 - -2300 relations), even though Pyke and the villages apparently worship the Seven? I have converted 4000 people to my religion but it seems like that number does nothing at all.

i have never gotten that low, even with conquered lands. lowering taxes and building things that raise relations has gained me so much relation in places its ridiculous, like in the hundreds.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview