Loader
logo

A World of Ice and Fire 2.0

Started by Produno, September 23, 2017, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 23, 2017, 04:25:39 PM Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:38:47 PM by Produno

A World of Ice and Fire 2.0 Release

The 2.0 release of A World of Ice and Fire marks another massive milestone within the production of the modification. A large number of bugs have been fixed, including quite a few long standing ones. A huge number of new items have also been added, these all follow the guidelines set out from the HBO TV series Game of Thrones. A massive thanks to Robertidaniel and all of the backers for allowing this possibility and also a big thanks to Kraggrim who has been working diligently to get all of this complete for this release.

If you would like to see the full changelog, it can be found HERE

There has been some big changes in this release and one of them I would like to touch upon is the removal of the find item cheat menu. The reasons behind this are simple, it causes bugs, issues and the game to crash. This is a limitation with the sheer size of the mod and the warband engine. Some of you have voiced your concerns of me removing this and I hear you! So I have been trying to add ways to allow the player to acquire all the items in the mod.
One of those ways was always possible. You kill the lord and you acquire his gear. An alternative way, get crowned King of the Seven Kingdoms (or Queen) and send the person in question to serve at The Wall.
A brand new way is to buy gear from the faction blacksmiths in various towns.

Another exciting feature is the ability to only kill White Walkers and Wights with the correct weapon. This was a feature in previous builds but was bugged and did not work correctly. You will be glad to know this is now fixed and the Others are now harder than ever. Also watch out for them giant Wights ;).

Aside from all the code fixes, NafNaf_95 and Moose has been working hard fixing and adding new scenes. NafNaf_95 has managed to fix a huge amount of siege bugs and path finding issues so hopefully 2.0 should now be a much better experience all round.

Again a big thanks to all the supports on patreon and all those that have donated through other means. This allows me to continue working on the mod making it better and allowing me to release updates quicker.
If you would like to see this continue then please head over to my patreon page.
Produno's Patreon Page

Current Version: AWoIaF v2.0

AWoIaF v2.1 hotfix

Regards
A World of Ice and Fire Dev Team.

Amazing!

Wait, is that a Bolton shield? Oh, ffffffffff...

I guess it's time to remake that bastardly battle project, that I forgot long ago about.
https://imgur.com/a/rFmcy

*Cries in Jon Snowish*

So epic!

Hype hype hype for helping Dany. Any idea on how dany will be put as, a invading faction? a claimant ?

You have a HERE but there is no actual link to changelogs.

Quote from: Crimson on September 23, 2017, 07:15:47 PM

Yeah, I seen that too. I really wanted to read it before I downloaded.
I haven't played this mod before and I want to see what features they have in 2.0!

Quote from: RikimaruLDR on September 23, 2017, 08:35:25 PM
Quote from: Crimson on September 23, 2017, 07:15:47 PM

Yeah, I seen that too. I really wanted to read it before I downloaded.
I haven't played this mod before and I want to see what features they have in 2.0!

You can follow me the changelog HERE on this forum :p

when i play there is a face in the sky (in battle) any fix ?
PC specs:
GTX 1070
I7-6700k 4.00ghz
16gb ram

Hi there, I believe I have found a bug. When playing as a soldier in a lords army, if you try to ask for Personal Leave, the game locks into your
characters dialogue screen, and stays there, no matter what I do. The game is not frozen, the character portrait keeps moving and everything.

Another thing, is there a way to turn off the city 3D sky view when opening a city? It takes some time to load and it keeps bugging me.

Other than that, great mod as always.

Anytime I finish the varys quest nothing happens, no invasion, no golden company, nothing, is anyone else having this problem? It happened to me on the donators edition too

Dany now invades at dragonstone after a certain amount of time. For me it took 3 days for some people it takes weeks/months (she brings unsullied and dothraki, around 900 unsullied and 500 dothraki horselords. She gets 2 khals :| Jorah Mormont, greyworm and 2 others? as vassals?)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview