Loader
logo

Taxes

Started by GiantWalrus486, September 27, 2017, 09:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Taxes on towns seem to be really low every week, just wondering if theres a way I can edit the files so that the weekly taxes are much higher than they are. Another thing I noticed is that whenever I click on the "your kingdom" option in the character menu it has a line where it states for tax enforcement then it says, "no(tax revenue lower)". Im not sure if maybe this is the reason why the taxes aren't that high because if I remember correctly I once conquered Highgarden and for the first week I got 30K in taxes but for the other following weeks I got no more than 3000k in total.

Hey there, for tax inefficiency, you have to get your minister of coin to hire people that "intimidate even him" that will turn tax inefficiency around for you. As for the taxes, this also relates to the castles/villages associated with the town, so the town in question is only as rich as the villages & castles surrounding it. Things like sieges & pillages of castles & villages will hamper your towns taxes. Maybe place patrols around the closest villages & castles (even if they don't belong to you, or even to your faction in the case of castles!)

Hope this helps.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Thanks for the reply, but I've already looked into all of those things you said, I already have my minister of whispers to hire people who even intimidate him. Another thing that I also did was bring the prosperity of all my villages to maximum prosperity and still I'm earning maximum 3000k maybe 5000k. Im just curious if theres a way to edit the files, so that I can increase this amount. Lastly, I'm not at war with anyone so I can't think of anything else that would tamper with my taxes.

As far as im aware, there's no singular line that could be edited to allow for the tax payout of ALL towns to be increased, BUT! I will look into this and keep an eye on this post and let you know if I see something else in future...

Have you tried downloading Tweak MB, using this to load the native warband and use the "Tweak Tracker" (I think its called) to find the relevant .txt document that you would need to edit? I had a quick look using this method but couldn't find anything to increase the amount of taxes towns give.

The only other option is to build enterprises and amend the enterprises values to a minimum weekly cost & maximum payout, I know this is possible.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Taxes receipts will always be higher after your initial reception of a location....  You will receive all taxes uncollected due to the location being under siege and the liege lord being unable to collect them, or all taxes accumulated during the period of time that the location was under no ones rule. For example,  if the siege lasts a week and if your King did not assign the property for a period of 1 week after that, you will receive the week of siege taxes, and the week of your King's decision time taxes, and then the taxes of the current period once the next payday comes.  Hope this helps.

There is an option that increases your taxes if you lower its difficulty, it's located in the camp menu,

Quote from: GiantWalrus486 on September 27, 2017, 09:32:17 PM
Taxes on towns seem to be really low every week, just wondering if theres a way I can edit the files so that the weekly taxes are much higher than they are. Another thing I noticed is that whenever I click on the "your kingdom" option in the character menu it has a line where it states for tax enforcement then it says, "no(tax revenue lower)". Im not sure if maybe this is the reason why the taxes aren't that high because if I remember correctly I once conquered Highgarden and for the first week I got 30K in taxes but for the other following weeks I got no more than 3000k in total.
It happens with every fief, Don't know what's the reason.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview