Loader
logo

[v0.6.0] Kadaeux Bugs

Started by kadaeux, September 20, 2014, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 22, 2014, 10:28:07 AM #15 Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:58:26 AM by Produno
Ill strike through the bugs ive solved. Feel free to double check them after i release a hotfix, or strike through any you feel are fixed that i may have missed.

Ill try and get a quick hotfix out today if i have time with most of the annoying textures faults sorted. That should make playing/testing a little more manageable.

EDIT**

I shall also comment on posts in blue. So please look back through for these.

First hotfix up

http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=511.msg1483#msg1483

It fixes whatever ive marked in this thread. Ill carry on working on the rest but hopefully this makes the game a little more playable without constant CTD with missing texture messages etc.

Quote from: Produno on September 22, 2014, 10:28:07 AM
Ill strike through the bugs ive solved. Feel free to double check them after i release a hotfix, or strike through any you feel are fixed that i may have missed.

Ill try and get a quick hotfix out today if i have time with most of the annoying textures faults sorted. That should make playing/testing a little more manageable.

EDIT**

I shall also comment on posts in blue. So please look back through for these.

A good system. Downloading hotfix then going for another run to look for bugs.

September 22, 2014, 06:27:10 PM #18 Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:45:03 PM by Produno
did a quick run through the cheatmenu to see if there was anything still missing, pages 3 and 4 of the cheatmenu my game would minimize and tell me textures where missing, didn't catch them, was kinda like the RGL error before but this time it actually told you which textures, I'd suggest running through it to catch em.

Ice is still listed as one-handed but is also listed as two-handed now, pretty sure it's just a two hander - Fixed Beta 7.1

the textures my note did pick up on was this:

unable to find mesh sib_lombardy
unable to find mesh no_head

I'd be more than happy to help you with scenes and fixing character appearances but unfortunately I have no idea how to do it and I'm about to enter a maelstrom in real life so I don't really have the time to learn at the moment, I'll let you know if that changes though

How does one edit faces? I could give it a pop.

Put the game in edit mode, goto create multiplayer character and create your face in the editor. Then press ctrl+c (i think) and copy the code it gives you in the top left hand corner.

After I download the Hotfix for the v0.6.0,I started a new game but when I enter Winterfell and press "take a walk on the street" the game crush and this report showned up
RGL WARNING
Couldn't load "Textures/got_slate_normal.dds"

September 23, 2014, 07:30:47 PM #22 Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 08:32:00 PM by Azsouth
Greyjoy Armour(s) and Assassin Robes are still pure white

(scrolled through the cheatmenu again and caught these this time x2 on pages 3 and 4):

page 3:
Unable to open texture file Texture/costumes3_new.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to open texture file Texture/costumes3_new_normalmap.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to open texture file Texture/costumes3_new1.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to open texture file Texture/costumes3_new2.dds (EDX-1)

page 4:
Unable to open file Textures/costumesinju3.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to open file Textures/costumesinju3_nrm.dds (EDX-1)

Take a walk in Winterfell:

Unable to load texture file Textures/got_wood.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to load texture file Textures/got_wood_normal.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to load texture file Textures/got_woodplank.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to load texture file Textures/got_woodplank_norm.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to load texture file Textures/got_slate.dds (EDX-1)
Unable to load texture file Textures/got_slate_normal.dds (EDX-1)

Visiting Maidenpool Inn:

Taking a walk in Sunspear:

Vary's Quest, says to go pass yourself off as a merchant selling happy dreams in Sunspear but when you go talk to everyone in town, no one responds with the correct passphrase for the quest to advance

I was fighting with some lords to take Craster's Keep and I noticed that during the fight some infantry would block the way (with no reason) and the main body wouldn't go around them, but instead they stayed behind them (They were forming a line) . Important data: The fight took place in the field and eventhough I told them to charge nothing happened.
Another bug I found is that once I was part of the night watch the party weekly cost would go uo to 20000 silver stags. Even when I disband my forces (5 villagers), the weekly cost would still be 20000 silver stags.
Thanks for the mod once again !

Ill get round to fixing some bugs soon, real busy with my house atm!!

September 26, 2014, 07:55:41 AM #25 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:58:55 PM by Produno
no problem, no rush, take your time, we all have lives to live :), gl w/ the new house

take a walk in Norvos:

also when in Qohor I noticed that some of the helms where called GHelms, not sure if this is intended but figured I'd give you a heads up either way - Fixed in Hotfix #2

Tournaments:

sometimes I spawn into a competition with my gear, other time I look like I belong in dorne (this goes for every tournament all over the map)

also I noticed in one tournament that I took out a Pict, isn't that an English/Scottish tribe?

3 of the books the book merchant sells are the same for both: Linage and Histories of the Great Houses of the Seven Kingdoms, Annals of the Black Centaur, and A Maesters Book of Potions. - Fixed Hotfix #2

Also 7 books don't say what they are boosting if you read them, they are Linage and Histories of the Great Houses of Seven Kingdoms, Annals of the Black Centaur, The Book of Lost Books, History of the Rhoynish War, The Trade Compendium of Westeros and Essos, Conquest of Dorne, and An History of the Great Sieges of Westeros

Thank you for this great mod. Its more complete and less buggy than the first M&B releases. You do a great job.

Though Id like to report some bugs from my experience with this mod so far as well. I use 0.6 version of this mob with the hotfix u released.

1. After i conquered dothraki camps, the city goes to my kingdom but i cant start the garisson there. It just gives me
   the option to besiege it again and again and re-plunder it getting thousands of gold each time.

2.The spy messages you mention in the description ofc. It is not just the messages, it makes every faction hostile to player. After a while recruitment is impossible.
   Maybe there is a console command workaround for this so players can reset faction/lord relations.

3. Not a bug. Dothraki Camps have no walls or buildings. Their Holy city is called Ves Dothrak. Also the surrounding areas dothraki live is sandy and desert like.

4. Not a bug. Sieges are a pain compared to M&Bs sieges. You just loose 2/3 of your army and days of waiting doing nothing before the actual attack begins.

Thats all i found so far.

December 20, 2014, 08:16:20 AM #27 Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 11:46:57 PM by Produno
Firstly I want to say Hi.
New to the forums, and thank you for the great mod you are making.

So well I found a few bugs running 0.6 hotfix #1 included. I will edit this post as I find more. As I find myself sinking many a hour into this great mod.

Models and textures.
> most House Greyjoy models legs are not attached to their body. Their legs are a few cm back from their body and seem to be floating. You can see this by going to Pyke the 2 guards at the entrance when you enter the castle. But the textures that do load on the Greyjoy men looks fantastic, really beautiful. Is there any way I can get that armor for my character ?
> House Greyjoy soldiers axe texture isn't there. The blade part is white.
> Ironborn Seafarer texture doesn't load at all.
> Crastos, not sure if this character should be male or female. Although the conversation suggest that its supposed to be female. ("rung along now little girl") but I can assure you it doesn't look like a girl  :o - New dialogue written for Hotfix #2

Naval Battles.
> When fighting in king Greyjoys army and he takes you into a large naval fight one of two things happen mostly. You spawn in a ship a few meters away from the enemy ship, the ships never close distance and a few seconds later the ships with reinforcements falls right on top of you. The other thing that happens is two ships spawn next to each other, and then the kings men kill you while you are fighting for them. Basically a three way fight that our poor protagonist is going to lose.

Weird NPC interactions.
> Yasha Greyjoy (female) was courting another one of King Baelon Greyjoys female vassals. O and can we get it so we can marry Yasha  ;)
> Wildlings trading with other factions ? Would pay to see those filthy wildings get a pack mule full of goods over the wall  :)

Miscellaneous.
> Unable to visit a lady at Pyke. No option in city screen for visiting lady.
> The armor merchant in Pyke has alot of the same helmet for sale. not really a bug just looks weird when you open the armor merchant and its almost filled up with the same helmet.
> After a while my relationship with all the villages start increasing with no reason. up until the point that I am declared a Patron Saint.
> Insulting the priest of R'hollor (the lowest option when talking to him) the one found in Dragonstone. This caused me to be at war with volantis and House Baratheon. And after this the spy messages starting popping up decreasing my relationship with the two factions further. So maybe that bug is bound to relationship. And when you first take hold of a fief your relationship deteriorates with the factions, and you start getting spammed by spy mesages  :-\ Fixed Hotfix #2

That's all I have found so far.
What is dead may never die !

So, im starting to try and fix all the bugs. Ill work my way through them and add what i have and release another hotfix. It probably wont be for another few weeks because i can only spare time on one day a week atm working on this.

Massive thanks to everyone posting bugs and to anyone whos still playing or checking the forums :).

Any reason why I can't buy an enterprise from the Faction i'm a vassal for? I have good relation with the king: Guildmaster: and have high renown and RTR. Also have bought everyone in the bar, a barrel of mead, but still don't have an option to buy one?