Loader
logo

v4.3.6 Lys Siege bug and some issues on some factions armor value

Started by Enethor, July 01, 2019, 01:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Bug description:
Defending troops on Lys spawns near this stair and get stuck, making the siege pretty impossible.

Armor issue:
Some factions like the north and the vale, got some issues where the best troop got worse armor than the second best
A vale (mounted) knight got better armor than a knight of the gate, same with north guardsman and house guard.

The idea for the armor is that the tier 6 troops get lighter armor that allows them to move and swing faster. This doesn't help the Vale Knight of the Gate as much because the bastard sword they use is painfully slow.

It'd be interesting to see fights between tier 5 and 6 troops to know which load-out works better.

I honestly don't promote passed tier 4 until the late game when my character is very wealthy.

Quote from: Maester Rawl on July 01, 2019, 07:55:15 PM
The idea for the armor is that the tier 6 troops get lighter armor that allows them to move and swing faster. This doesn't help the Vale Knight of the Gate as much because the bastard sword they use is painfully slow.

It'd be interesting to see fights between tier 5 and 6 troops to know which load-out works better.

I honestly don't promote passed tier 4 until the late game when my character is very wealthy.
I see, thanks.
But in that case, why not just give them another point on athletics for the movement and some extra points on weapon proficiency for a faster swing?
It makes no sense to me to waste (lots of)money and time upgrading a soldier with worse survivability.

I agree with you that the upgrade to tier 6 is not cost effective with many troops. Especially when knights equipped with lances don't use them properly.

I like to use my favorite tier 4 units (Vale Riders and Westerland Arbalasters) and use them as my main army in the early/mid game.. They're the best value troops in the game.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview