Loader
logo

Change faction culture

Started by Harampepe, June 09, 2019, 11:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, I'd like to change my faction troops' culture to let's say The Stormlands, but when I'm talking to my Master of Whisperers, the only option there is Free Folk (my character's current culture). Is it possible to change it to something else please?

You need to get a companion from the culture you want

I've got many companions from many different cultures but still, the only options I have are Free Folk or to favor no culture over others.

1. If you are a faction leader the culture of your companion you choose as your minister/hand should allow you to change culture.  (This does not always go according to plan though.)
2. Conquer a territory of the culture you want.  For example if you want Westerland Troops take over Lannisport.  After taking it over, open dialogue with your Master of Whispers and you will see the option to change culture.  The only culture you may not be able to switch to is the Crown Lands since you have to claim Val Ancestory in order to do that. 

If you are a Vassal you can not change cultures.

Well, it still doesn't do much from my perspective. I am RPing a Stormlander 3rd Son from House Wensington of the Stormlands who was going to join the Watch when captured by Wildlings, Mance sent me back South to take over and prepare for the White Walkers. So, I am doing that, but I didn't pick Stormlander, because Giants are fun, and even though I can pick pretty much every culture, I have tried them all, let weeks tick by and I can still only recruit Wildlings from the villages in my faction now. Ughh, well, I might restart and pick Stormlander, no giants are worth this trouble.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview