Loader
logo

Troops during siege

Started by starkkin, May 29, 2019, 05:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
25% of my troops are just standing and blocking the way . Clogging up a choke point and preventing other troops to pass . Shouldni lower the battle size ? Mine's at 210*

What scene? I'm relatively new to this mod, but I'm playing the lastest version and have taken over 1/4th of Westeros without issues. Save for KingsLanding falling into unplayable area on first attempt.

I noticed this too sometimes, so I use commands to get them to move: follow me, hold here, charge

Quote from: Wiglaf on May 29, 2019, 08:20:51 PM
What scene? I'm relatively new to this mod, but I'm playing the lastest version and have taken over 1/4th of Westeros without issues. Save for KingsLanding falling into unplayable area on first attempt.

stoneysept , Riverrun and etc

i tried to do that too , but still not moving. i hate it especially when my top tier troops does that and get sniped by archers

Ok well doubtful this will help, but this is what I do every siege no matter castle. Spawn>Everyone follow me>Everyone hold fire. Infantry>hold this position. Archers>Hold this position. Bodyguards(companions/immortal meat shield) Charge! Everyone>Fire at will. Infantry>follow me. Half way to gate/up ladder, Everyone>Charge! I turtle up with two shields and a fast one hander. Hack slash, jump dodge, get through entrance. Harass enemy archers. When health is low, find a place to hide out until your army takes the wall/entrance. Then harass and take archer positions. Acquire a ranged weapon. Support troops on final assault at court yard. Aside from falling into unplayable areas in my jump/dodge get to archer positions task. I've not had a problem so far.

I don't want to necro, but I get this all the dang time and in the next patch it will be harder to just have them capitulate. It also happens in prison breaks, as your companions will just run around uselessly and not fight the enemy unless it attacks them. I was in one prison break where I told them to charge and they did that backing up thing they did, right out of the castle gate and down the road while me and the thankfully 2 lords I had rescued fought the 6 defenders.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview