Loader
logo

Totally Selfish Suggestion (Free Form Marriage)

Started by Rhodok, October 26, 2019, 04:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
After reading you can marry Cersei Lannister and such it seemed like fun goal but there's one small problem.. I'm playing a female Westerlands character who in my headcanon is a cousin, kinda like less girly Lancel Lannister. (hah!)

Funnily enough, Kevan Lannister didn't like me from the start so I decided it was because he was my character's father and really hated that she decided to run off and be a redcloak knight fighting rapers and thieves.

I found the trick to change gender in order to court and attempt to marry her (as a vassal of the westerlands) and in expectation of eventually deciding to strike out and become ruler of the world.

But yeah it's not really fun, in an otherwise immersive RP campaign to be a male character for a few months of the campaign. I'm not asking for changes for any kind of progressive reasons, just mount and blade runs alot on headcanon and players can very much make up ideas about why (for example) Tywin might agree to pair off his troublesome (and aging) daughter with another woman.

Maybe it prevents issues with the Joffrey's reign from the Tyrells getting a claim on things via new Lannister Grandchildren? Yes one would assume that the maternal line had no inheritence but look at how the spoils went to House Lannister once Baratheon was memories and dust.

Anyway some toggle to subvert the gender checks for courtship (if possible) or maybe even a token nod to "Look it's weird as fuck that you want to marry my daughter but it's only to be expected the crazy warrior woman wants to act like the man in marriage too' (In canon Cersei ~tries~ this with Taena Merriweather)

I'm not saying it's a strong or cogent argument, just pointing out that players of the mod can absolutely justify any marriage option they want to pursue, at least to themselves.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview