Loader
logo

Beta 10 Dev build bugs

Started by Produno, January 11, 2017, 09:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
January 11, 2017, 09:56:38 AM Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:07:34 PM by Produno
I will open this here and start by posting the PM sent to me from thenextking

-Pike Siege Bug is fixed!   (btw, I loved the helmets you gave to the kraken guards)
-most of the two-handed weapons work well (just take a look in the longsword, you still use only one hand to strike with it)
-removing the war between The Reach and Dragonstone really help Stannis!
-The religion system works perfectly!

The targeryan Invasion (in this case, there are good and bad news):
- The now take Griffin's Roost, which is good
-you can still find cloned lords
-They have a purpose, since they took Tumbleton from The Reach
-Unfortunetely, they can'y handle 6 enemies, so they rapidly lost Tumbleton to The Riverlands (I think they shouldn't be at war against The Vale, The Riverlands and The Iron Islands) They are now only at war with the stormlands and whomever owns Kings Landing. Dorne will also goto war against whomever owns kings landing. I have also made checks to make sure kings landing is not owned by dorne and the stormlands still exist to stop any errors. Hopefully this should be better. I may as suggested, add points where I force them to go to war with others, but I would prefer to keep it sandbox.
-after the message of Aegon's Landing at the Stormlands, there was another message telling me that House Targeryan and Dorne have made peace with each other (a peace agreement) I have removed this now the above is sorted
- King aegon still uses an incorrect banner.

Other bugs:
-I chose westerlands as starting people choice, but barristan raised an army of wildlings after I gave Thenn to him. Apparently, your companions raise an army related to the original culture of the fief you give to them. - should hopefully be correct now.
-When your enemies try to route, you still receive a message tellig taht both you and your enemy are trying to route, since the battle is almost lost (and also some red text)  - fixed
- Styr magnar had defected weeks before I defeated Free Folk. Once you've posted in the Changelog topic that some lords  will only defect after their relations with their lieges become -100, i thought strange that this kind of behavior came from an upstanding lord like Styr Magnar. - Currently, as in native code, the relations are set randomly. I need to write a script that will change each lord seperatly, but with hundreds of lords, that's quite a long job. So I shall probably leave as is for now. A list would be nice though of all the lords that need high relations with their liege. ;)

Do the cloned lords appear ONLY after the Targs invade, or is it random?

I will strike through any bugs fixed. Other more general bugs/changes I shall still post in the beta 10 changelog, so don't forget to check their often too.

Only with the Targeryans

Btw,
-the war system seems ok. Myr has declared war against Norvos.
-Now you really can learn how to read in the citadel. It works normally now.

January 11, 2017, 09:30:47 PM #3 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:49:02 PM by Produno
Some issues I'm going to report so you guys don't need to, also to remind myself of any others that been reported and Ive missed.

Fix issue with wildlings women - courting errors again because i removed craster and his wife.
Fix issue with banner selection
fix issues in winterfell inn - fixed
Fix issue in fairmarket inn. - fixed
Archers don't seem to charge if the player dies in sieges.
Another map starting at the edge. Need to find which one.
One of the random maps has a floating rock.
Lod of Stark sword sheath shows the hilt of the sword at further lod distances when the sword is out the sheath. The same goes for other swords.
Lods not showing AO causing 'popping'. - fixed
Incorrect size of longclaw. - fixed
Westerland shield lod disappearing when worn on back.
Ongoing improvement - improve prices of shitty gear. ie, reduce prices.
Give new sept scenes ai mesh and entry points.
Create 3x new sept scenes.
Possibly change shaders to stop the annoying hair issue.
Give tribesmen hornmen. - fixed
Memorise division placements are not working - possibly due to volley being assigned to the same button. - fixed
Maybe increase the moral of player troops after some of the main story missions to help the player sustain an army through this period.
One of the missions your relations increases twice in a row with Robb. Cant remember which though - to check code.

As you may notice, I'm trying to note every single little issue/bug I come across. Would be perfect if everyone else could do the same. Let's get this mod as polished as possible :).

January 11, 2017, 10:40:59 PM #4 Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:59:42 AM by akbarshoxxx
Bugs still in Beta 10. (The latest one you sent)

Great thinking with the fact t hat as soon as Targs take a castle, you garrison it with 1400 men. They were doing very well in the beginning and actually took Kings Landing, until The Vale came and conquered it back.

The lords of Targs were still beat up and left them with only 30-40 mean each.
King Aegon, cant field more than 100 troops after his first defeat, although he has 2 castles.
Ser Rolly Duckfield when owning Kings Landing couldnt field more than 150. Possible bug?

Some bugs I had reported to you earlier are still there.

As soon as relations go below 0, (even if -1) it is a state of war, there should be a limit to when other lords actually actively seek you out when you're factionless (maybe - 20) and -40 when you have your own kingdom.
Infinite money bug with Doran Martell, as previously stated you can keep talking to him to complete the quest infinite amount of times and since you added the 2k denar reward after talking to him this means infinite money.

Dragonstone and Westerlands are allies?
http://imgur.com/a/g5bku  Dragonstone declares war day 90+

The reach is never at war with anyone, not even the westerlands. When Baelish creates peace between the reach and west, there was never any war to begin with.
Dorne is useless in the game, no purpose at all. They dont go to war and they dont back the Targs (although the entire quest suggests  that they would). Also please add scimitars or swords to the troop line, they get slaughtered easily. Same goes for Unsullied, when they are all crunched up with many enemy troops, they dont have enough space to thrust their spears and end up getting slaughtered (give them short/broadswords at least)

Possible fix to the Targs being extremely weak.

Don't have them at war with Iron Islands, Riverlands, The Vale.

Incremental wars. When they first land have them at war with the Stormlands for the first 90 days (per wiki, they do go after castle wrath, rain house and griffins roost, all stormlands lands). After 90 days have them at war with Dragonstone for another 90 days. (the amount of days is up to you), continue until at war with westerlands, and the reach.

If you'll make it so Dorne joins the war as soon as they land you can have Targs be at war with Stormlands, Dragonstone, while Dorne is at war with The Reach and Stormlands. After 90 days, Targs can join war against the Reach, Westerlands, same goes for Dorne.

Make it so that when Targs conquer castle or town, garrison it with 600-1000 men in increments, for example: First castle they take, garrison it with 1400 men (which you did), second town/castle they take, garrison it with 1000 men, 3rd 600 men, 4th 200 men, after that they can return to normal.

This gives them enough troops to fend off most sieges, while gathering their army. Also, Targ lords should start with at least 50 relations with their liege so that Aegon is more inclined to give them lands and not take it for himself

Please modify morale! When you're fielding more than 100 men of decent troops I have to keep fighting every 3-4 days with someone in order to keep my morale at average at best. Having a ton of ale/mead in my inventory doesnt help either, please make it so that its a bit easier to sustain troops.

When you have the leader trait and you use it, soldiers pause to cheer for 1-2 seconds which makes them defenseless and gets them killed super easily, defeating the purpose of the trait. Just have them cheer while keep on fighting.

Tested the Barristan bug, he still raises troops according to the fief you give to him, I gave him blacktyde and he raised ironborns

The valyrian two hand blade is roughly equal to a shortened vouge. Vouge has 43 dmg, Valyrian has 45, bonus to shield, roughly same speed, but Valyrian has better reach. For 120k, kind of not worth it.

The sieges at Iron Holt, Hammerhorn are improved however, soldiers climb it very slowly due to the fact that they use only one ladder and they take their time climbing it. Maybe add 2-3 ladders or siege tower?

I joined Lord Robin Flints army, and King Robb Stark sought us out and attacked us! He utterly destroyed our army but did not take us prisoner. What I think happened: I had -1 relation with Robb Stark since anything below 0 is considered 'war' by the mods standards he started attacking Robin Flint because I was in his army. You really need to set limits for this

P.S Dorne (my favorite faction) is so ignored it doesn't even have an option for your forum profile faction selection lol, #SHOWDORNESOMELOVEPRODUNO.  Theres literally a 'Neutral' option from the drop down menu but no Dorne haha - Ahah, I never noticed!! Fixed ;)

Right to rule doesn't increase after marriage.
When marrying the sound file is a bunch of people playing around with some phones, opening doors and whatnot.
Does warrior battle cry work? Even when I am winning and outnumbering 3-1 it doesnt seem to work, does the enemy flee or just back up?
Also Avoid melee on archers doesnt necessarily work right, instead of running away from the enemy, they sometimes simply run, even if it means running towards the enemy.
Brace polearms should be added in

Did you check out the previous bugs I posted or want me to repost them?
King Stannis is the rightful heir...but anyone can be the rightful conqueror.

Quote from: akbarshoxxx on January 12, 2017, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: Produno on January 11, 2017, 09:59:16 AM
Do the cloned lords appear ONLY after the Targs invade, or is it random?

I will strike through any bugs fixed. Other more general bugs/changes I shall still post in the beta 10 changelog, so don't forget to check their often too.

It is NOT random, cloned lords appear as soon as you complete the last quest for Varys. Targ invasion usually happens within 30 days and the real lords arrive

This is a map that spawns you at the edge of the map: http://imgur.com/a/Hm08f

January 12, 2017, 03:03:43 PM #6 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:16:12 PM by Produno
Bad news about the Static Wars: :-\

-Myr has declared war against Norvos in Static Mode. - fixed

-About lack of equipment:

_ I've already reported that some northern pikemen don't actually own a spear, but the lack o equipment seemn to affect all factions, for exemple:

- Many Mercenary Sellswords don't have a shield. Same thing with Ironborn Sailors and Riverland Levies
- Some Westerland Foot Soldiers wear ankle boots, while others wear wrapping boots
- You can find Stormland militias whithout helmets

Should I consider this something intentional or a bug?

Btw, just like akbar said, Targeryan clones appear a few days before the arriving of the real host. Since those clones do not move on the map, they are defeated by their enemies. The defeats of cloned lords probably have an influence in the relation between King Aegon Blackfire Targeryan  and his vassals. - I THINK I have found the issue and ive made a fix to this. Will need testing before I can cross it off the list though.

January 13, 2017, 12:22:28 AM #7 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM by Produno
Quote from: Produno on January 11, 2017, 09:30:47 PM
As you may notice, I'm trying to note every single little issue/bug I come across. Would be perfect if everyone else could do the same. Let's get this mod as polished as possible :).

boxes and pieces of meta meat are floating at Bear Village: - Fixed
http://imgur.com/VlxVx3C
http://imgur.com/oj90dQI

The peace agreement between Targ and Dorne after Aegon's landing: - Adjusted
http://imgur.com/J695pY0
e
About little issues, if you walk in the villages you may find several flora objects placed a few inches above the ground, especially bushes and flowers. Do you want a complete list? 

January 13, 2017, 03:34:57 AM #8 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:53:38 PM by Produno
Major lag only in really big battles where troops exceed 500+ especially sieges I dont think it lags because of # of troops, sure this probably contributes to it, but even when I have only around 150 ish troops it lags badly until the very last enemy soldier is dead, as soon as the last soldier is dead it returns to normal. But even when one soldier is alive it lags as hard as it does as if they still have like 200 men.

Some images.
Moat Calin needs to have the route fixed. Soldiers cant get past, rest of the description is in the pics
http://imgur.com/a/jbMDB

Couple more bugs:

http://imgur.com/a/YEYGu  - all fixed

Quote from: Produno on January 13, 2017, 01:21:12 AM
Quote from: thenextking on January 13, 2017, 12:22:28 AM

About little issues, if you walk in the villages you may find several flora objects placed a few inches above the ground, especially bushes and flowers. Do you want a complete list?

Any you come across would be good, I can then go through and check any you posted.

I'm making a list of al villages, great halls and courtyard, but it takes time, obviously. There many locations to verify and it will pronbably take more than a week to bring a complete report. I've already made a list of Free Folk, Night's Watch and the North but I want to post all bugs together. Please, be patient :).

January 15, 2017, 07:32:55 AM #10 Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:54:11 PM by Produno
More bugs. http://imgur.com/a/6WvgW
Infantry when in shield wall requires 2-4 orders to move to hold position, other orders work from the first time.

Pyke prison door is still not accessible

January 15, 2017, 10:27:46 AM #11 Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:15:31 PM by Produno
Quote from: akbarshoxxx on January 15, 2017, 07:32:55 AM
More bugs. http://imgur.com/a/6WvgW
Infantry when in shield wall requires 2-4 orders to move to hold position, other orders work from the first time.

Pyke prison door is still not accessible + alot of the previous bugs I've mentioned

Any chance you can post the other bugs you reported here. It may be that I attempted to fix them but they still have some issues. Unfortunately not being able to alter the source code (of the main game) sometimes means work around shave to be created, and not all of them work as intended, some of these bugs may be such issues. Or there could be multiple layers to each bug, meaning I fixed one somewhere which then highlights a bug a bit further on in the same process (the strings could be one example of this)

January 19, 2017, 10:50:48 AM #12 Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 10:52:39 AM by Produno
A quick update.

I'm currently adding a tonne of stuff from VC.

I started by just wanting to add the sea travel and naval battles, seeing as the current ones in the mod are pretty bugged, it needed to be sorted at some point. Though it's a huge amount of work separating all the parts needed, so ive ended having to add more scripts and triggers etc, which then creates more work because we cant use assets from VC, we then have other scripts that are in-needed because these new scripts handle it in a different way, extra triggers are needed so ive had merge other triggers we have so I don't have tonnes of triggers that do the same thing slightly different, then all the other stuff VC doesn't have that we do I have to merge, like PBOD etc... so everything kind of spiralled out of control.

So long story short: I now have shit tonne of work to do to get all this added correctly. I possibly wont have another build for a couple of weeks, but if all goes well I shall need it testing afterwards. If it doesn't, then well, ive saved the previous version of the module and I will have to just revert back.

If anyone wants to create sea scenes or anything else you think may help then please let me know.

Those are great news indeed. Can you get anything from vc? marriage and relations with girls are better/more complex on VC, for example.

I would think I have the right to bang my wife without spending close to 100k for one night of sex just so her relations are devoted to me. Haha

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview