Loader
logo

Beta 9.8

Started by Produno, December 02, 2016, 11:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 11, 2016, 10:41:50 PM #45 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:59:40 AM by Riven
New upload

Added mirrors on first post

December 12, 2016, 03:03:37 AM #46 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 08:59:08 AM by Riven
Quote from: Produno on December 11, 2016, 10:41:50 PM
New upload

Great! I think the problem of NW declaring war against you every time you make a prisioner is over! I enprisioned da lot of dornish lords and they didin't declare war on me.

Apparently, there is no problems with dornish sieges and only Stonedance (Dragonstone) had a minor problem with its siege. I don' now how to explain it, I think you can describe it as "White Walls" or "NO color Walls". Well, maybe you understand after looking the pictures below:  :)

http://imgur.com/xwtGnwK

http://imgur.com/wSRWAMv

One more thing: The dornish village of Red Cliffs has a bug. Their houses are "Floating"

http://imgur.com/9x7kVrV

http://imgur.com/mKo4hTR

http://imgur.com/Sz9hxgv

Even though I haven't tested all sieges yet, I think the mod is ready to have its new version released before Christmas (if that's is your intention :D)

PS: I loved the dragonstone armours. Is there any plans to make them a starting people choice in te future? I like stormland soldiers, but I think Dragonstone armours are much better than the ones used by stormlanders.  ;D

December 12, 2016, 08:04:33 AM #47 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:00:36 AM by Riven
Is it save game compatible with 9.8.1?

PS: Mirrors added on first post.

Quote from: Riven on December 12, 2016, 08:04:33 AM
Is it save game compatible with 9.8.1?

PS: Mirrors added on first post.

Always best to start a new game when testing. Just incase the old saves brings up anomalies.

December 12, 2016, 12:18:50 PM #49 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 12:21:09 PM by Riven
kk, thx!
Great job btw, I too think the build looks very ready for a new official release.
Again, what about the gear that gives penalties but doesn't say anything in it? I posted an example a few days ago.

Quote from: Riven on December 12, 2016, 12:18:50 PM
kk, thx!
Great job btw, I too think the build looks very ready for a new official release.
Again, what about the gear that gives penalties but doesn't say anything in it? I posted an example a few days ago.

I think its because they use the imodbit 'crude'. I'm guessing anything that has an imodbit wont use the text to say if its heavy or not. I need to do some testing to see if I can fix this in the future. I'm not sure I will have the time to do so now though.

December 12, 2016, 05:01:14 PM #51 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:24:20 PM by Produno
Ok guys. A massive thanks to all the testers. You have helped find a large number of bugs and issues which I'm sure everyone playing the latest release will be very thankful for.

I have released the latest version on moddb - just awaiting the upload to finish and the new blog to be authorised.

Thanks again for your help.

December 13, 2016, 11:26:31 AM #52 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 06:53:47 PM by HooTmAn
Hi,
I have some missing textures (for buildings) with 9.9 also there are some lod for some trees wich make them disapear, the bark is invisible

I did fix the cwe_buildings and those trees at my end, do want these "fixed files"
I can give you a mega.nz link.

EDIT: Where should i send you those "fixed files" here or at TW, if so?
EDIT2: Here is a pic of a missing texture it is from the OSP_Italian_Props I did fix this too, changed the texture for it.

EDIT3:  I gave this BRF cwe_buildings all the mats and textures it needs, too. Could give you the Texturefolder, too.
Cheers

December 13, 2016, 05:23:44 PM #53 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:27:48 PM by Kokalo
So I installed 9.9 and started a brand new playthrough. Encountering poachers hasn't been fixed I think, I still lose honor and lose relations with the "Commoner" faction. This can easily be fixed by changing the poacher party's allegiance to "Outlaws". Sorry for bringing this up again.

Screenshot" width="50%

Quote from: HooTmAn on December 13, 2016, 11:26:31 AM
Hi,
I have some missing textures (for buildings) with 9.9 also there are some lod for some trees wich make them disapear, the bark is invisible

I did fix the cwe_buildings and those trees at my end, do want these "fixed files"
I can give you a mega.nz link.

EDIT: Where should i send you those "fixed files" here or at TW, if so?
EDIT2: Here is a pic of a missing texture it is from the OSP_Italian_Props I did fix this too, changed the texture for it.

EDIT3:  I gave this BRF cwe_buildings all the mats and textures it needs, too. Could give you the Texturefolder, too.
Cheers

Sure, go for it. PM'ing me the file here is fine.

Cheers.

-The Wersterland arbalester has now only 88 of crossbow proficiency. I now some people complain a lot about how dangerous are the Westerland Arbalesters, but they are Westerlands, they must be well trained and dangerous. I tried to use some and they were not as deadly as they were before:

http://imgur.com/ss3fxwX

-Stoney sept Arena also has "no color walls": 

http://imgur.com/1qrOQBM

-That was funny, the armorer of  the Dothraki City looks like Brienne Of Tarth with no armor. She is stronger than the Hound! ;D

http://imgur.com/WCsMigv

-Your legs disapear whan you wear dothraki (men, I really hate dothrakis, they torment me every game I start)

http://imgur.com/EWuODVQ

-I don't have an image for this one. If you make Ser Barristan Selmy a  Lord and give him a Fief, he will raise an army of Riverlanders. That is strange, considering house selmy is from The Stormlands. If you make Syrio or Brienne lords, they will raise, respectively, armies of bravosi and stormlanders. Trust me, this is not something random. It happens every game you start. Even Jorah, before being replace by Barristan, always raised an army of northeners.

-Last One: targeryan banner

http://imgur.com/iDFRUhe

-After testing almost all sieges, I can say only pike is really problematic.

By the way, Gongratulations for the Top 100!   

House of Tarth is from Stormlands, so that would be fine.
Pike always has been problematic, I thought it was fixed a few betas ago but looks like that's not the case, haven't tried myself.
Some proficiencies are not ok, as it happens with westerland arbalesters, imho (Bronn has low level proficiency on one hand swords, f.e.). I suppose produno should be informed of those we think are not good to fine tune it.

December 16, 2016, 08:59:04 PM #57 Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 09:21:42 PM by Produno
Yes please, keep them coming.

The proficiency problem I think is because I gave them too many points in each. I'm going to revise this and make it better. They did actually have 181 in crossbow.

I have changed all companions so they will now hopefully raise an army of whichever faction they are part of. For the player it will be the players culture.

The targ banner is incorrect because I would guess you also chose that banner for yourself?

#Edit

Infact I have just checked and the westerlanders have the correct in my game so I'm not sure why yours are showing different??

December 20, 2016, 01:33:23 AM #58 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:47:14 AM by thenextking
Quote from: Produno on December 16, 2016, 08:59:04 PM
Yes please, keep them coming.

The proficiency problem I think is because I gave them too many points in each. I'm going to revise this and make it better. They did actually have 181 in crossbow.

I have changed all companions so they will now hopefully raise an army of whichever faction they are part of. For the player it will be the players culture.

The targ banner is incorrect because I would guess you also chose that banner for yourself?

#Edit

Infact I have just checked and the westerlanders have the correct in my game so I'm not sure why yours are showing different??

-Forget what I said about the Westerlands Arbalester, I was playing version 9.8.2 (for testers), not the one you released at MOD DB (9.9), when I took that print screen. I downloaded version 9.9 and they are normal now.   ;D

-Talking about troop balance, I started I new campaing (9.9) and after defeating the wildlings I declared war against the North. While fighting against northerner lords, I noticed
that some northern pikeman didn't carried a spear with them: they had  one  shield and a broadsword, only. Actually, In the start of my campaing, while travelling through Essos to attend tournments, I used the Northern Pikeman against a band of exiled knights and even after i commanded my infantry to use only polearms, some of my Northern Pikeman were still helding broadswords in their hands.

-the targeryan banner is also incorrect in 9.9 and i didn't chose their banner for. I chose the two-headed eagle (not used by any other lord). But the Targeryan vassals are using correct banners, so maybe it is problem only with King Aegon.

- Actually, the targeryan invasion seems a bit brooken in my game. Once they are defeated in battle all the time and I already had a good right to rule, persuading them to join my kingdom was not dificult. But when I did that, i noticed two things:

1) when I go to the character screen, I see that King Aegon Targeryan has left the realm , but his faction has not been defeated yet. Even after the mensage of his landing on the Stormlands, his vassals do not known his location.

2) When I convinced Ser Rolly Duckfiled (house targeryan) to join my faction, he was near Fist of The First Man, with an army of more than 300 men. After he pledged loyalty to me   I went to my court and there I found Ser Rolly Duckfield, now my vassal, but with an army smaller than 100 men. Then I go back to Fist of the First Men and there Ser Rolly Duckfiled stands, still a vassal of king Aegon, with an army of more than 300 men! I talked to him and, surprisingly, he talked to me as one of my vassals! ???
            After that, I called my vassals to assembly the army. The one near Fist of the First Men do not follow. Actually, he doesn't move to any place. The one established in my court follow me normally. I can take a print of them side by side and post here if you want.

PS: I do not remember if he was Jon Lothston or Jon Connington, but the same thing described above also happened with one of them. And trust me I'm in the day 500 and it happened only with house targeryan. Ser Davos and Lord velaryon are also my vassals, but they are ok. (by the way, my intention was to fight fo Stannis, but Dragonstone was defeated before the day 100  :().

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview