Loader
logo

The Factions Relation is not ok...

Started by thenextking, May 31, 2016, 03:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 31, 2016, 03:23:01 PM Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:25:36 PM by thenextking
I'll give an example about what's happening: if you join Dragonstone and become a lord, The Vale and The Stormlands will declare war against Dragonstone if you take a lord of The Reach as a prisioner. I mean, it may makes sense if you are an indepedent monarch, but not if you are just a lord. Lords take prisioners  all the time and the allies of their enemies don't declare war  because of that. How can I defeat my enemies if I can't take prisioners?

Notice I said "The Vale and The Stormlands". Does it means The Vale is still an ally of Stormlands and The Reach? The Vale should be neutral.

Now about Norvos and Dothraki. Their relation since beta 8 is -1. Why are they at war?   

One more thing: it is not a bug, exactly, but is also about faction relation. Westerosi Factions being upset with me because I took a Nights Watch lord as a prisioner makes sense, once the Night's Watch protect the realm. But, The Night's Watch declaring war against me because took a northern lord, for example, as a prisioner is strange. The night's watch should get envolved in the wars happening in the South. And this happen not only if you are an independent monarch, but also if you join House Targeryan after completing Varys questline. What i'm trying to say is: The westerosi factions should see the nights watch as an ally, but the Night's Watch shouldn't fell in the same way about any faction.

About the dorthraki thing, I think that's because they're raiders and otherwise couldn't raid?

Regarding the nights watch. Can you confirm they do actually change relations. There is a current bug where in some circumstances it will say they have declared war etc but they actually dont. Something i need to re check at some point.

The Dothraki need someone to be at war with so they can raid, but making them at war with everyone in a fairly peaceful Essos would not be good for balance, they would get stomped within weeks. I need to think of something that will work with the mechanics of the game.

Changing Ai and game mechanics is not easy. It took a team of coders to create Warband and i am one man with limited access to the engine and source code. So that means we have to make workarounds to best fit what we have without me having to spend all my time on just this one feature/modification.

December 03, 2016, 04:30:21 PM #3 Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 05:10:50 PM by thenextking
Quote from: Produno on July 16, 2016, 03:44:34 PM
Changing Ai and game mechanics is not easy. It took a team of coders to create Warband and i am one man with limited access to the engine and source code. So that means we have to make workarounds to best fit what we have without me having to spend all my time on just this one feature/modification.

I'm sorry if I looked offensive or angry. I swear, that was not my intention.  I'm from Brazil and my english is just ok. Once I do not dominate the language, I always try to report bugs and share impressions with simple phrases.  :-[

About the Nights Watch, they really declare war against your own faction, if you are an independent monarch, after you take westerosi lord as a prisioner. Actually, once the Nicht's Watch has 100 of releation with almost all westerosi factions, your relation with the "crows" decrease 4 points each time you imprison a westerosi lord. And this logic can also be aplied if you decide join the Targeryans or the Iron Ilands. These factions has a neutral relation with the Nights Watch. If you imprison a Targeryan enemy, for example, The NW will be upset and will declare war against Aegon Targeryan.

Of course, if you join the starks, there will be no problem once you and your enemies has 100 of relation with NW.

My point is: at the time narrated in ASOIAF, most of Westeros really don't care to much for the Night's Watch. Actually, only the northerners have any esteem for the night's wacth. Just think about how Tyrion laughed after NW asked for help against the wights. Maybe Stannis could also respect them. After all, he was the only king who still cared about the wildling invasion. 

Quote from: Produno on July 16, 2016, 03:44:34 PM
Regarding the nights watch. Can you confirm they do actually change relations. There is a current bug where in some circumstances it will say they have declared war etc but they actually dont. Something i need to re check at some point.

One last thing: the NW not only declares war against you. They start to attack your castles and villages.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview