Loader
logo

A few bugs in Beta 9 Updated 5-15-2016

Started by Inquisitor956, April 27, 2016, 09:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
April 27, 2016, 09:38:48 PM Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 09:58:33 PM by Produno
Hello! Not once have I ever reported a bug for anything ever but this mod is just so good I want to help it succeed!

On to the bugs I have encountered, but first, my specs:
GPU: MSI R9 380 Gaming 4G
CPU: AMD A10 5800k @ 4.6 GHz
Mobo: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
RAM: 2x4GB Kingston Hyper X Fury Black 1866MHz
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 Evo 250GB (game is installed here), WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 250GB

Bug #1 - The Bridge of Skulls.
Description: One of the wildlings spawns (or maybe falls) into the river below the bridges effectively making it nearly impossible to complete the quest unless you use cheats. I spent a good 30 minutes trying to find him. Also, the NW needs some rangers with shields at least. They get massacred when trying to cross the bridges.
How to reproduce: Go to the Bridge of Skulls for the quest.

Bug #2 - Player owned Fiefs only allow recruitment of units from the Vale.
Description: I started two characters, a Stark Loyalist and a Mercenary that takes over Essos. As a mercenary, I took Norvos and I could only recruit units from the Vale. I looked into the menus to see if there was an option to change "culture" for recruits, but found no such option. As a Stark loyalist, the Iron Islands took White Harbor from the North. I helped retake the castle and since I lost my fief when the Westerlands took back Harrenhall, Robb awarded me White Harbor and strangely enough, White Knife some days later. No matter how much time I waited, I could only recruit Vale peasants from White Knife, but I could recruit northeners from the other lord's villages. There's also Vale men at arms guarding the halls and the city.
How to reproduce: Own a fief and try to recruit.

Bug #3 - Incomplete helmet models.
Description: Some helmets that show the character's face have no model when looking up at them (you can see the sky). Examples of these are the open sallet from the North/Vale.
How to reproduce: Equip a helmet.

Bug #4 - Red text.
Description: After finishing a tournament, some red text appears. I think it has to do with one of the calculations of whether or not the nobles have a gift for you. I have won about 6 tournaments so far, 4 in one character and 2 in another. Not once have I received a gift so I'm guessing that's the reason. EDIT: It appears it has nothing to do with the prizes, but rather renown calculation.
How to reproduce: Win a tournament.

Bug #5 - Old people everywhere.
Description: This may or may not be a bug, but since Beta 8.6, most NPCs are old people. It breaks immersion and it doesn't really fit the lore to have 90% of the armies be old people.
How to reproduce: When a man and a woman love each other very much....

Bug #6 - Orders screen.
Description: You can open the Orders screen with the map with the Backspace but can only close it with Esc.
How to reproduce: Go into a battle and use the orders screen.

Bug #7 - Getting thrown off ships during naval combat.
Description: Naval battles are buggy, but this particular one seems to happen to me the most often. I go back to the rudder to steer the ship and as soon as the ships collide, my character and some of the troops on the ships get flown off into oblivion to drown.
How to reproduce: Go into a naval battle and steer the ship until two ships collide.

Bug #8 - Troops spawning outside the map in sieges.
Description: During some siege maps, some troops spawn outside of the boundaries. Examples of this are King's Landing and during the defense of a few castles in the Reach.
How to reproduce: Enter a siege battle.

Bug #9 - Recruiters bring wrong troops.
Description: This goes in hand with the wrong faction troops to player owned villages bug. The recruiter sometimes brings vale troops even though I ask for northern troops. EDIT(5-9-2016): It appears it doesn't matter where of what faction you ask to bring recruits from. The recruiters bring anyone from any nearby village even if they are not part of your kingdom. I sent 4 recruiters from Kayce to bring me northern and westerlander troops. Not only did I not get northern troops, I got stormlanders, dragonstone, reachmen and dornishmen and some westerlanders.
How to reproduce: Own a fief and tell the Master of Laws to bring you recruits.

Bug #10 - Raided villages adore you once they get repaired.
Description: The Iron Islands raided my village of White Knife, and when I went back to rebuild my structures, they adored me (141 relation with the village). I let them raid to see if it would somehow fix the culture recruitment for the troops, but it did not. This is more of a cheat though, its easy max relation with the village.
How to reproduce: Let a player owned fief be raided.

Bug #11 - Some NPCs have the wrong body types.
Description: Some male merchants have female bodies and vice versa. The odd thing is that if you leave the town and visit back in a few days (possibly the time it takes to restock inventory) they either get fixed or they swap out for new merchants entirely.
How to reproduce: Visit towns.

Bug #12 - Wife making account of household for feast.
Description: When asking your wife to hold a feast and she goes over the contents of the household, some of the strings are wrong, meaning she includes some stuff about the possible failure of your future feast.
How to reproduce: Get married and ask wife to hold a feast.

Bug #13 - Eddard Stark is against my marriage to the Stark girls.
Description: When courting Sansa, I received a message from her asking to see her at Winterfell, and even though her father Eddard Stark didn't agree with me courting her. She suspects that it wouldn't be a problem, for obvious reasons.
How to reproduce: Court one of the Stark girls.

Bug #14 - You can only marry the Stark girls by eloping.
Description: Since Eddard Stark is "dead", you can never ask his permission to marry Sansa or Arya. It does not cause any relationship drops from anyone though. I managed to get the achievement for eloping thanks to this.
How to reproduce: Court one of the Stark girls and ask her to marry you.

Bug # 15 - Eddard Stark comes back from the dead.
Description: During the wedding ceremony, Eddard Stark presents his daughter. Not only is he opposed to the marriage, but he's also nice enough to come back from the dead to attend his daughter's wedding. Also, the septon went through a sex change.
How to reproduce: Marry a Stark girl.

Bug #16 - Lord relations screen.
Description: Some lords on the relations screen have wrong cultures assigned to them. Brynden Tully appears to be a Northman and most northern lords appear to be Norvoshi.
How to reproduce: Go into Known Lord Relation reports screen.

Bug # 17 - Red text during random gameplay.
Description: Some red text popped up during gameplay on the world map. It has something to do with an invalid Party ID.
How to reproduce: Unknown so far.

Bug # 18 - Path finding issues during siege of Sisterton.
Description: A lone soldier always manages to get stuck in the fences during the siege of Sisterton. It happened the time we took the castle and two more times while defending it.
How to reproduce: Besiege or defend Sisterton.

Bug #19 - Floating trees in the Moonbrothers' camp.
Description: Some trees are floating during the assault on the Moonbrothers' camp.
How to reproduce: Assault the Moonbrothers' camp.

Bug #20 - Unable to get Valyrian Steel weapons from weaponsmith.
Description: No matter how high your renown is, the Weaponsmith in Qohor always "changes his mind". I tried buying from him at 500 renown, 1000 and now 2132 making me believe he is bugged.
How to reproduce: Ask Qohor weaponsmith if he makes Valyrian Steel weapons.

Bug #21 - Pathfinding issues in a LOT of sieges.
Description: The AI has trouble with pathfinding in pretty much every castle in the Iron Islands, as well as a few in the Westerlands and The Vale. To put it in to perspective, if the map has destructible siege equipment (which is a nice feature) the AI 8 times out of 10 has issues. This brings me to the next "bug".
How to reproduce: Besiege settlements.

Bug #21 - Siege equipment breaks way to easily.
Description: During the siege of Hammerhorn, 2 to 3 strikes from an arming sword are enough to destroy the belfry's ramp. This wouldn't matter as much if the AI managed to go around towards the drawbridge after you destroy it but they keep trying to charge up the tower. Its more annoying as the attacker, as archers destroy it quite quickly when trying to kill you and your men.
How to reproduce: Destroy a ramp from a siege tower.

Bug #22 - Wife cheats on you no matter what.
Description: I knew that Brytenwalda and VC had a feature where if you leave your wife alone for too long she cheats on you. Knowing this, I made sure I visited my wives Sansa Stark and Meera Reed in different saves respectively. Both cheated on me even though I made sure to visit them whenever I could, which was mostly 1 day a week (and wait in the castle as well) to two times a week. Whenever we were feasting I made sure to stay at least 3 days.
How to reproduce: Get married and wait for the eventual popup.

Bug #23 - Some lords are missing dialogue.
Description: Asking lords about what they think about their lieges sometimes ends up with a blank dialogue screen or they just mention the name of their liege. In one occasion they mentioned my fief of White Harbor as a response to accepting Robb Stark as their liege. This brings up the next bug.
How to reproduce: Ask a lord about their feelings towards their liege.

Bug #24 - Factions can not get defeated.
Description: Taking every fief from a faction and capturing/beating their lords does not 'defeat' them. During my Stark loyalist save, we defeated the Iron Islands first. I captured Balon Greyjoy and currently he is my prisoner in White Harbor. They have not asked for ransom and the faction has not disappeared yet. After the Iron Islands, the Reach, Dragonstone, the Stormlands, the Vale, Riverlands and the North teamed up on the Westerlands and they were steamrolled very quickly. I managed to capture Tywin and Kevan Lannister and Stannis took Joffrey prisoner. Its been about a month and a half in-game and they have not yet been 'defeated'. This is only annoying because lords do not defect to other factions and thus the lord drain starts happening very soon. I was forced to look for lords of these factions in order to convince them to defect to Robb. Most of them just sit on a single spot (all alone thanks to being unable to recruit) or just patrol around their previous fief.
How to reproduce: Take all fiefs from a faction and capture/defeat their lords.

Bug #25 - Traveling merchants are cheap.

Description: Traveling merchants literally sell anything they have in their inventory for 1 Stag per item. I got a full set of plate armor, for 4 stags early in my second save thanks to this.
How to reproduce: Find a traveling merchant.

Bug #26 - Siege of Pyke is bugged.
Description: During the siege of Pyke, bridges fail to spawn. Defenders spawn on rocks in the ocean, and during the assault on the walls, AI attackers are unable to go up the ladders. During the attack on the town, they jump into the sea to their deaths in order to get to defenders outside their boundaries. Also, due to the bridges failing to spawn, the defenders in the farthest tower are unable to join the battle or get killed unless it is by ranged weapons.
How to reproduce: Besiege Pyke and assault it.

Bug #27 - Troops spawn outside boundaries in the siege of Casterly Rock.
Description: Some defenders either spawn or fall off the walls behind some rocks during the siege of Casterly Rock. Thankfully if you have a bow you can wait near a cave and shoot them with arrows whenever they get out of cover.
How to reproduce: Attack Casterly Rock.

Bug #28 - Troops spawning in the sea during siege of Lannisport.
Description: During the siege of Lannisport, some defenders spawn under the ships. Thankfully you can walk into the water without many consequences so they are able to be killed by both you and the attackers.
How to reproduce: Attack Lannisport.

Bug #29 - Red text when talking to a lord.
Description: I got some red text when talking to a lord for the first time. I suspect it has something to do with having high relations with lords due to honor and renown and meeting them for the first time. It happened to me with lord Harys Swift. I had 64 relations with him before I met him.
How to reproduce: Unknown

Bug #29 - Red text during Ironmen pirates event.
Description: I got some red text referencing a missing background picture when Ironmen pirates asked to join me. It may have been a one time thing since I have not encountered the event again.
How to reproduce: Wait for Ironmen pirates event to happen.

Bug #30 - Bolster the Black quest.
Description: The quest given to you by Jeor Mormont is unable to be finished. Robb lacks the dialogue necessary to finish it.
How to reproduce: Advance in the Night's Watch questline until Bolster the Black.

Bug #31 - Ageless lady.
Description: I met Lady Ysilla Royce in a feast. After checking her details she appears to be a newborn at age 0.
How to reproduce: See Lady Ysilla Royce's details.

Bug #32 - Kingsguard serving Ser Casper Wylde.

Description: After meeting the Kingsguard along with Joffrey in the dungeons of Dragonstone, they claim to be protecting Ser Casper Wylde. All of them have the same dialogue. EDIT (5-15-2016) It seems they serve whomever is the lord of King's Landing. I realized this when I talked to Varys. However, the Kingsguard still accompany Joffrey.
How to reproduce: Talk to a Kingsguard.

Bug #33 - Unable to rescue lords.
Description: I was going to rescue Joffrey and the remaining Westerland lords in order to recruit them. They were mostly prisoners of Stannis. The guard told me to look for Stannis in order to get his permission to see his prisoners. I found out Stannis was a prisoner of the Reach in Ashford. After being told I needed permission from Lord Ashford, who was in turn a prisoner of Dorne, I decided to take the keys from the guard and save some time. Due to there not being any prompts to go into the dungeon (or the great hall for that matter) I killed the guards in vain. I went back to Dragonstone only to encounter the same issue, no prompt to trigger the transition into the dungeon. This also causes another bug where you cannot leave the scene because you still have not released the lord. You can escape from this by going back to the main menu and reloading the save.
How to reproduce: Attempt to rescue a captured lord by killing the guard.

Bug #34 - Captured Lords are not getting ransomed by AI.

Description: Bug #33 made me realize that Lords captured by the AI and imprisoned in towns where not getting ransomed. As a player I did get the occasional offer, but Joffrey has been a prisoner for over two months, and the rest of the lords of the Westerlands I have not recruited are still prisoners as well. If factions were to be defeated, this wouldn't be much of a problem as they would get released and defect, but due to factions NOT being defeated, some lords are stuck in dungeons until you take the castle/town they are in.
How to reproduce: Check on other factions that have captured lords and see how long they have been prisoners.

Bug #35 - Audio gets stuck.
Description: Sometimes, wind and rain audio effects get stuck playing permanently until you restart the mod.
How to reproduce: Unknown what causes it.

Bug #36 - Kings do not reward landless lords.
Description: Usually in M&B:W kings give landless lords priority when assigning fiefs, but that is not the case with this mod. They award fiefs to either their closest friends or the Marshall 8 times out of 10. This is good for me as a player because I tend to get a lot of fiefs thanks to this (I'm never denied any fief I capture and ask for myself, apart from the ones Robb wants me to have), but lords who lost their land or ones who I managed to convince to defect (mostly just lords who defected into the faction, but Howland Reed lost his fief and didn't get one until we recaptured Sisterton from the Vale which was quite a long time in between) don't get assigned any, so they end up being useless. This makes me think that the calculations for who receives a fief are a bit unbalanced. Also, it doesn't matter if the king gives a fief to the lord with the most support, the prompt always says that the king went against their advice, causing some controversy between lords and the king. I will post screenshots of this on the album as soon as I can. Album updated with some screenshots.
How to reproduce: Have a landless lord in your faction.

Bug #37 - Worshipers have no idle animation.
Description: On the world map, I noticed that the Old Gods of the Forest Worshipers have the default "T" pose when idle.
How to reproduce: Look at them in the world map.

Bug #38 - Messed up trees during siege of the Fist of the First Men.
Description: Some trees to the left of the attacker spawn point are floating sideways during the siege.
How to reproduce: Attack the Fist of the First Men.

Bug #39 - Varys only accepts Skilled Bravos during quest for Water Dancers.
Description: During the quest to find a dozen Water Dancers for Varys, he only accepts Skilled Bravos instead of Water Dancers.
How to reproduce: Do Varys' quest line.

Bug #40 - Varys does not give a reward after finishing Knightslayer quest.
Description: After finishing the quest, Varys talks about giving me a reward from the armory, instead I only got some Stags, but no weapon/armor.
How to reproduce: Do Varys' quest line.

EDIT (5-15-2016): I haven't been playing as much as I used to (went back to play Dawn of War), but so far I have not encountered many more bugs than the ones above. As always, I will continue to update the post with any ones I find.

I have created an album on Imgur with screenshots of some of these bugs. I did not insert them into the post because they are rather large and I don't want the post to be cluttered. I will continue to upload any new ones I take related to the bugs above.

Link: http://imgur.com/a/Ac2xh

I will come back to this post with any more bugs I find.
Thanks for a wonderful mod, Produno!

Some good bug reporting. Thanks for taking the time to do so :).

Quote from: Produno on April 27, 2016, 09:55:44 PM
Some good bug reporting. Thanks for taking the time to do so :).

I have updated the post with a few new bugs as well as a link to some screenshots. I will continue to add to this post if I run into any more bugs/glitches.

I think it would be good if you could ask Robb Stark to marry his sisters and he gives the bride away, its the same for Myrcella baratheon aswell since Robert is dead.

Quote from: yesimmike on May 04, 2016, 06:56:52 PM
I think it would be good if you could ask Robb Stark to marry his sisters and he gives the bride away, its the same for Myrcella baratheon aswell since Robert is dead.

For that to work they would have to make Robb the father. I think its hardcoded into the game that only the father of a lady can give permission to court and marry her.

May 07, 2016, 08:52:04 PM #5 Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:58:22 PM by Produno
Some of the best bug reporting ive seen and all accompanied by a picture. Well done, this helps me no end!!

Now to slowly work through them all :)

Opinions on destructible siege equipment. Should they stay destructible or not? Is it worth the hassle?

Edit,

infact VC removed all the destructible stuff so I guess that must be for the best :). I shall do the same.

Quote from: Produno on May 07, 2016, 08:52:04 PM
Some of the best bug reporting ive seen and all accompanied by a picture. Well done, this helps me no end!!

Now to slowly work through them all :)

Opinions on destructible siege equipment. Should they stay destructible or not? Is it worth the hassle?

Edit,

infact VC removed all the destructible stuff so I guess that must be for the best :). I shall do the same.

I'm glad to be of help! I'm really enjoying this mod, even with these bugs I've run into. I certainly believe this one has the potential to be the best mod for Warband and I want to help it as much as I can to achieve that.

And destructible siege equipment is a good idea, the problem is that Warband doesn't handle it properly. It would only work if the AI was dynamic and was able to change its tactics and adapt to different situations, as well as having more than one of each siege equipment and possible means of attacking a castle. Hopefully Bannerlord improves upon this. The inclusion of other siege equipment like catapults could potentially make this a possibility. The defenders set fire to your tower and you need to take the city before reinforcements arrive? Then just use catapults to either destroy the walls or use a ram to break down the gates. The engine just can't handle this I think, and it would just cause more trouble down the line if it was implemented.

May 10, 2016, 08:02:28 AM #7 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 08:09:18 AM by Riven
Great bug list, a shame it will take more time for Produno to release 9.5 if everything has to be fixed, the better it releases the better we'll have fun :)
For me the most game breaking bugs are:

-Sieges with lots of invisible walls and pathfinding issues, like Pyke one.
-Backspace don't return to combat
-Ironmen patrolling near flint's finger are very very fast. Map and in combat. Being a lord of the North anf going to iron islands is very hard. Ironmen follow you like missiles in map, they don't want the other lords, they want you! Then in combat, there are 8 or 10 of them that move very fast, you can't see them. This happens since beta 8
-Naval combat problems.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview