Loader
logo

Teleporting Ninja Ironborn Pirates

Started by Karl XII, May 17, 2014, 03:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 17, 2014, 03:13:32 AM Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 12:46:56 AM by Karl XII
This was a problem with Brytenwalda's Dena. The last Dena Raider would be at the retreat line and would fly around randomly until swarmed. It's worse in this mod in that there are several lurking pirates, sometimes several troops go past the Retreat From Battle line, troops have been suiciding ("Ironborn Pirate killed by Ironborn Pirate", "Northern Footman killed by Northern Footman", etc.) and the only remedies are set all charge and suck up the casualties these ninjas deal out, or retreat from the battle.

Additional: I cannot over-stress how annoying this is. Again, only observed in Bryt.'s Dena and the Dena-derived Ironborn Pirates.

Additional: Here's what happens.
1) Ironbound Pirate force is destroyed
2) Troops cheer briefly, as in a victory, then start charging in the direction of more pirates.
3) I had everyone follow me as I led to where the pirates were. There was a group of 6 pirates climbing over the top of each other at the withdrawal line, trying to rout.
4) Once contact is made, they start flying around at warp speed along the battlefield perimeter until brought down by lucky archery or gang-tackling.

It seems that a) additional troops are spawning who b) are incapable of routing off the battlefield and can't attack as the force is already defeated, leading to c) bizarre behaviour. This was seen with the Dena in Bryt. on a very minor scale (not every battle, and only 1 if it happened) , and with the Ironborn Pirates on a large scale (every battle, multiple pirates). As they just keep flying around the battlefield perimeter, it took 40 minutes to finish hunting down 6 new pirates in a battle involving at start 21 pirates, all of whom were killed quickly.

Hmm, i forgot to look at this before, ill try get it fixed for the next patch!

A new wrinkle, just saw this happen for the first time during the "destroy pirate lair" quest. 4 Ironborn Pirates spawned on the far side of the retreat line. When I moved close enough to be within thrown weapons range, they came towards me and started behaving (mostly) normally.

i have had the flying sea raiders i crapped myself the first time ahaha :P hopefully it is fixed soon :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview